Review Procedures & Applications
Listed below are the submittal packets detailing the application and review process to obtain a zoning approval from the City of Hudson. Exterior improvements to a home, including alterations (i.e. siding and windows) and construction of fences, decks, sheds, swimming pools, and additions, require issuance of a zoning certificate from the City. The department will issue the zoning certificate following review by the appointed citizen Board of Architectural and Historic Review or administratively for minor improvements.
- AHBR Schedule - Meeting dates and submittal deadlines for the Architectural and Historic Board of Review.
- General Residential and Minor Commercial Improvements and Zoning Application - The purpose of this packet is to provide information on the process to obtain design review and zoning approval for accessory structures greater than 120 square feet, additions, demolitions, and significant alterations. For each of these activities, one must apply to the City of Hudson for a zoning certificate before applying for a Building Permit from Summit County. The approval process includes review by the city staff regarding applicable sections of the Land Development Code and the architectural and design standards, review and approval by the AHBR Board, and issuance of a zoning certificate.
- Growth Management Application - An application for a residential development allotment is required for any residential dwelling unit along with a zoning certificate.
- Minor Residential Improvements Submittal Packet and Zoning Application - The purpose of this packet is to provide information on the process to obtain administrative approval for the design of minor residential improvements. These improvements include the fences (including arbors & pergolas), decks, accessory structures (sheds) 120 square feet or smaller, and alterations which are minor in scale (siding and window replacements included).
- Single Family Residential – New House Construction Submittal Packet and Zoning Application - This packet provides information on the approval process in Hudson to construct a new residential or commercial property. One must apply to the City of Hudson for a zoning certificate before applying to the Summit County Department of Building Standards for a building permit. Listed below is general information regarding the application and approval procedures.