We will accomplish our mission to preserve and protect the lives and property of the community by maintaining a high standard of training with regard to the health, safety, and professionalism of our personnel.
Training & Education
Continued training and education is the key to dealing with, and surviving, any emergency. Ongoing fire education and training maintains a high standard of effectiveness among the members of the department. All members of the department are state certified.
The suppression of fires is done by a predominantly volunteer unit consisting of men and women who either live or work in the community of Hudson. The department is also prepared for and responds to the needs of Hudson's neighboring communities, in the event of a call for assistance.
The mission of the Hudson Fire Department is to preserve and protect the lives and property of the community by providing the following services:
- Code enforcement during construction and throughout the life cycle of the building, including fire and arson investigation
- Fire suppression and the rescue of victims
- Hazardous materials management
- Public education on fire safety
- Rescue from vehicle entrapment, building collapse, and water rescue