Hudson City Council authorized implementing a Soft Recycling Program throughout the community. In partnership with Simple Recycling Services, Hudson provides a way to recycle clothing, shoes, bedding, kitchenware, and other small items curbside.
The Simple Recycling program is a convenient curbside collection program for pre-loved clothing, shoes, accessories, and other household items. Residents should have received an mailer with information about this program in February or March 2020 with instructions about how to participate. A special orange bag to place your recyclables in was included. If you did not receive one, learn how to request one below!
How Does the Program Work?
- Simple Recycling will provide special recycling bags to individuals who request to participate if you did not receive one in the mail. Visit www.simplerecycling.com, call 866.835.5068, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request yours!
- Soft recycling items should be placed in the special bags and put out on the curb bright and early the same day of your trash pickup.
- Do not place the bags inside other recycling bins.
- The soft recyclables will be picked up by a Simple Recycling truck, not by your trash hauler. They will pick up your bags and leave replacement bags behind.
- There is no limit to the amount you recycle, but all items must be placed inside the designated soft recycling bags.