DORA Established in DowntownHudson City Council passed legislation establishing a Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) to help merchants and patrons social distance during the coronavirus pandemic. The operation of the DORA is dependent on any State orders or restrictions that may be put in place regarding COVID-19.
Thank you to our partners - the Hudson Area Chamber of Commerce, the Merchants of Hudson and Destination Hudson - who were instrumental in getting the DORA established.
We would also like to thank Destination Hudson, the Merchants of Hudson, and Great Clips of Hudson for generous contributions towards marketing and the initial purchase of the DORA cups.
What is a DORA? A Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) is a specific area in which alcoholic beverages may be sold by licensed liquor establishments for outdoor consumption. The DORA is designed to make it easier to social distance, stroll within the district and support our local restaurants and bars.
Help us keep the DORA open by following all current State of Ohio health guidelines.We need YOUR help to keep the DORA open. All State of Ohio, Ohio Department of Health, and Summit County Public Health orders and regulations MUST be observed within the DORA to ensure we are permitted to keep the DORA open.
Where is the Hudson DORA? The Hudson DORA includes Main Street, First & Main and the Gazebo and Clocktower greens. Signs will be posted to indicate the district limits. See the map of the DORA at the bottom of the page.
What days and times is the DORA open?Monday - Friday: 12 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
What kind of alcoholic beverages can be purchased?Beverages include beer, wine, and liquor.
What are the rules?
- Patrons 21 years of age and older may purchase a beverage in a plastic DORA cup from any participating business during the permitted hours, and carry it outside within the DORA boundaries.
- Signs on bars and restaurants will indicate if they are participating in the DORA program. Signs will also be installed at the DORA district boundaries to indicate the area in which DORA beverages may be consumed.
- For everyone's health and safety, every drink purchased requires a new cup. We cannot reuse cups at this time, but rest assured all cups are recyclable!
- DORA cups are to be placed in a recycling bin.
- DORA beverages purchased at one bar or restaurant may not be taken into another bar or restaurant.
- Retailers may choose whether to permit DORA beverages in their shops at their own discretion. Signs will indicate whether retailers will allow the beverages inside or not.
- No other alcoholic beverages may be consumed outdoors within the DORA. This means you cannot bring your own alcohol to drink outside in this area or buy a bottle of alcohol from a restaurant to refill your cup; only those purchased at a business within the DORA boundaries, in a DORA cup, are permitted.