Types of Offenses


Referred for Diversion Hearing

When the child does not have a previous record with the Juvenile Court, the following types of cases may be referred for a diversion hearing:
  • Minor offenses such as:
    • Criminal mischief
    • Disorderly conduct
    • Possession and use of drugs or alcohol
    • Shoplifting
    • Trespass
  • Unruly offenses, which include runaways and truants
  • Curfew violations