Hudson is a safe city. However, no community is immune from crime. You can help make Hudson even safer and prevent crimes of opportunity. Following these tips will help SHIELD you from becoming a victim by making the criminals job harder.
How Hudson Residents and Visitors Can Help
- Lock your vehicle.
- Do not leave your vehicle unlocked. An unlocked vehicle is a welcome sign for a criminal.
- Park in a well-lit, high traffic area when away from home.
- At home, park in your garage or driveway, windows up and doors locked.
- Remove your keys/fobs.
- Almost every vehicle stolen from Hudson was unlocked with the key/fob inside. Take your keys and car fobs with you no matter how short of a trip into the store or house.
- Remove all Valuables.
- Leaving items of value in your vehicles makes you a target. When you exit your vehicle, remove all items that are, or appear, valuable. Purses, packages, laptops, tablets, phones, garage door openers, and currency are all targets for thieves.
- If you cannot remove valuables, store them in areas that can be secured (trunk, glovebox, and center console), and keep them out of site.
Hudson Businesses Can Help
- Install a video surveillance system and adequate lighting in parking areas.
- Remind customers to lock their vehicles and secure any valuables.
- Offer a coat check or secure storage for valuables,
- Encourage staff to actively monitor parking lots and grounds for suspicious behavior.
Call the Hudson Police Department immediately if you witness a crime or something suspicious. Timely reporting helps minimize damage done by criminals.
Non-Emergency (330) 342-1800