Are you a customer of the Northeast Ohio Sewer District? You may qualify for a lower NEORSD bill or a one-time relief payment. Below is a list of programs available to qualifying customers.
Summer Sprinkling discount
- Since customers often consume more water in the summer for uses that do not contribute to a home’s sewer system, NEORSD offers a program that bases your summer use on your average winter water consumption.
Homestead discount of 40%
- Available to customers aged 65 or older, or customers under 65 who are totally disabled. Total household income must not exceed $36,300 for 2022. Enrollment is valid for a three-year period.
Affordability discount of 40%
- Rate reduction of 40 percent available for customers whose annual income is at or below 250 percent of the poverty level. This includes renters who can show proof of their responsibility to pay the sewer bill (such as a copy of lease agreement, proof of payment for past bills, or tenant agreement). Customers can be enrolled in either the Homestead program or the Affordability program, but not both.
Sewer and plumbing assistance
- Eligible homeowners may receive emergency service line replacements and other plumbing repairs. You must be a homeowner in the Sewer District’s service area and meet income guidelines. You may use this program to assist with repairs once every two years.
Crisis assistance for one-time relief up to $300
- Available to customers affected by a major event in their life (such as sudden medical expenses, job loss, separation, or divorce) offering financial assistance of 50% of sewer balance (up to $300) toward your account. Administered by CHN Housing Partners. Verification documents required.
Stormwater fee credits
Utility assistance through State and Federal funding
Call NEOSD at (216) 881-8247 or visit neorsd.org to see which programs apply to you.