Following is a summary the Tuesday, August 9, 2022 City Council Workshop. To watch the full meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
Correspondence and Council Comments
- Council thanked Friends of Hudson Parks and organizers for the successful Pack the Pond event at Hudson Springs Park.
- Turn radius at SR 303 and SR 91 intersection for trucks. In the past Council explored changing the turning radius for trucks at this intersection to make it safer for pedestrians. While the ideal fix would require using up some of the greens to reconfigure the intersection, other options were investigated. At that time, Council did not move forward with any plans. The topic is back before Council again to determine if this Council wishes staff to continue to look at this intersection. After much discussion, Council asked staff to come back with options and more information for their consideration.
- Lease agreements with non-profit entities currently utilizing space at City Hall. Council discussed agreements and costs for leasing space to the current organizations in City Hall. These include the Hudson Ministerial Association, Veteran’s Administration (for a parking space), Western Reserve Band (through HCER), and the Seniors Network. After discussion on lease terms, staff will come back with a framework for the leases and a lower the cost to the Veteran’s Administration for the parking space.
- Comprehensive Plan consultant selection. Council held interviews with the firms that applied to be a consultant on this project. It was narrowed down to Envision and OHM. Staff will gather scores from Council members who had not been present in the interviews and will add them to the scoring sheet. Council will make the selection in the coming weeks.
Future Consent Agenda Items
- Resolution adopting an official City policy governing the flying of flags on flagpoles at City government facilities and City-owned properties. Council asked that it be made clear in the legislation that this legislation is for flagpoles. Also, they asked that the references to commemorative flags be removed and only the official flags mentioned in the legislation be allowed on flagpoles. At Council’s direction, the legislation will be removed from the consent agenda and placed on the regular agenda for three readings.
Future Agenda Items
- A Proclamation for the 2nd Annual Vincent William Baran Day of Service will be added to the first meeting in September.
- The Water Rate Study will be discussed at the Capital Projects Workshop in September.