The Veterans Trail Phase 3 project was rebid earlier this summer and the low bid contractor was Vizmeg Landscaping. The contractor anticipates start-up of the project the week for August 22, 2022 including removal of smaller trees and brush, construction staking, mobilization of equipment and setting up of staging area.
Full construction is scheduled to start the week of September 5 and last through late fall or winter, weather depending. The initial work includes grading the improved gravel path near Barlow Road and working north towards the new bridge inside Cascade Park.
The full project includes:
- Grading and resurfacing (with gravel) of the 1.1-mile gravel trail between the end of Lynn Drive through Cascade Park and along Ellsworth Meadows Golf Club to Barlow Road
- On-road bike path improvements, via painted sharrows (shared lane environments), will begin at the intersection of Veterans Way and Milford Drive and continue for 0.5-miles along Milford Drive, East Case Drive, and Lynn Drive
- A new boardwalk and bridge inside Cascade Park
- Storm drainage improvements
- Traffic calming feature on Milford Road (west of the Acme entrance), installation of a split rail fence behind properties along Nicholson Drive
- Benches with gravel “bump-outs” along the new gravel trail section
View Project Map Here
For more information on the project visit Veterans Trail Phase 3.