HUDSON, OH (September 12, 2022) –Following is a summary of the September 6, 2022 City Council Meeting. To watch the meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
- The Baran family accepted a Mayor’s Proclamation recognizing the Vincent William Baran Day of Service.
Correspondence and Council Comments
- Council thanked applicants and attendees for participating in the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee interviews, as well as the second interviews for the position of City Manager.
- Council mentioned resident concerns about speeding and safety on Oviatt St. with school starting again.
- Councilmember Kowalski will host a Council forum on Wednesday, September 7 at the Hudson Library from 6:30-8:00pm.
- Council noted there was a signal malfunction at Atterbury St & SR 303 that has been resolved.
- During the live streaming of the Council meeting, there was no audio due to an issue with the software company.
Report of Interim City Manager
- City Hall will have an Open House on Saturday, September 10 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Regarding the agenda, staff requested that Council table indefinitely Resolution No. 22-92. Staff also requested that Council table to October 18, 2022, Resolution Nos. 22-104 through 22-107.
Council passed the following Consent Agenda items. Passed 6-0.
- Resolution authorizing the City Manager to accept funding from the Tinkers Creek Watershed Partners for the Darrow Road Park Stream Restoration Project.
- Resolution approving a Then and Now certificate to the City of Wadsworth for mutual aid assistance for storm cleanup.
- Ordinance Creating Chapter 296 of the Codified Ordinances to prohibit individual City employees from serving on City Boards, Commissions, and Committees. Amended the waiting period from 24 months to 18 months. Passed 5-1.
- Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into lease agreements and establish rules for the use of space at City Hall and/or on other City property. Tabled Indefinitely.
- Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a lease agreement with Western Reserve Community Band for space at City Hall. Second Reading. Tabled to 10/18/22.
- Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a lease agreement with Hudson Senior Network Foundation for space at City Hall. Second Reading. Tabled to 10/18/22.
- Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a lease agreement with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for space at City Hall. Second Reading. Tabled to 10/18/22.
- Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a lease agreement with Hudson Ministerial Association for space at City Hall. Second Reading. Tabled to 10/18/22.
- Resolution adopting Official City Policy governing the exhibition of flags on flag poles at City government facilities and City-owned properties. Second reading.
- Resolution to enter into a professional services contract with OHM Advisors to research, help facilitate and prepare the City’s 2023 comprehensive Plan. Second reading.
- Council entered executive session to discuss the purchase and sale of public property, and to consider applicants for the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee.