Hudson Fire Department is teaming up with the National Fire Protection Association® —to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Fire Prevention Week TM, October 9-15, 2022.
This year’s FPW campaign, “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape,” works to educate everyone about simple but important actions they can take to keep themselves and those around them safe from home fires.
The City encourages all residents to embrace the 2022 Fire Prevention Week theme by sharing some home fire escape planning tips:
- Make sure your plan meets the needs of all your family members, including those with sensory or physical disabilities.
- Smoke alarms should be installed inside every sleeping room, outside each sleeping area, and on every level of your home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected so when one sounds, they all sound.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place with a safe distance from your home where everyone should meet.
- Practice your home fire drill at least twice a year with everyone in the household, including guests. Practice at least once during the day and at night.
Hudson Fire, Police, and EMS are hosting a public safety open house to kick off this year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.”
For more general information about Fire Prevention Week and fire prevention, visit fpw.org and sparky.org.