Following is a summary of the December 13 City Council Workshop. To watch the meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
Correspondence and Council Comments
- Council thanked all the volunteers and staff who helped make the weekend Christkindlmarkt such a great success.
- The Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee held its first meeting where they began establishing the Committee structure, chair, etc. That discussion will continue in January, with the consultant being a part of February’s meeting
- The Firefighters’ Dependents Fund Board met last week.
- The Planning Commission approved two submissions: 1) Business park at Hudson Drive and 2) the conditional use for Hudson Community Living (HCL) on Oviatt Street. HCL was approved with the same square footage but a lower density.
- Community Composting Program. Based on the results of the recent composting survey, Council directed the Environmental Awareness Committee to look at selecting a provider, selecting a site, and to come back to Council with the information.
- The Village of Peninsula, Ohio Water Distribution and Hudson Water System Report.City administration updated City Council on the final report regarding the proposal of extending the Hudson Water System to serve the east side of the Cuyahoga River within the Village of Peninsula, Ohio. The subject came to Council last September and Council directed the County to go ahead with the report. The County evaluated Hudson’s water plant and water system. The report shows that expanding the Hudson Water System to Peninsula would not negatively impact our system. However, with future consideration of expanding Hudson’s water system to 5 new areas within the city, it would put us at or over capacity in the future. Council discussed and asked staff to come back with additional information. Next steps could include:
- Continue with the final design of this 1st phase extension in Peninsula? Design the new system by the County with their engineer? No cost to the City of Hudson.
- The Village of Peninsula and the County would like to extend west of the Cuyahoga River as a 2nd phase within the Village of Peninsula? Does City Council permit the City to have the County analyze this phase west of the river? No cost to the City of Hudson.
- Improvements to the water plant, well-field, storage etc. The City would setup a revised service fee and water usage fee to areas outside Hudson. The cost would be absorbed by the Village customers. To be determined and reported to Council at a future meeting.
Future Agenda Items
- Appointment: Council discussed whether to schedule an interview for the only applicant on the Cemetery Board who is currently a member reapplying. Council decided that an interview would not be necessary, and the appointment would be made next week.