Following is a summary of the Tuesday, January 10, 2023 City Council Workshop. To watch the meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
- Council entered executive session to interview applicants for boards & commissions.
Correspondence and Council Comments
- Council thanked staff for quickly fixing the SR 91 turn-lane barrel issue after it was reported.
- A Council Member asked for prayers for the families of two residents who passed away of leukemia and for her brother whose leukemia has returned.
- Council also noted that Councilman Chris Banweg was selected for promotion to Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve.
- Planning Commission Update: PC continued the case regarding American Fireworks.
- There were no discussion items.
Future Consent Agenda Items Discussed
- Resolution to accept an urban canopy restoration grant from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Forestry. Council discussed that the $8,000 grant would be used to replace large maple trees that came down in recent storms with other types of trees to make the area have a more diverse tree canopy.
- Resolution to enter into a software contract renewal with Brightly Software Inc. for Asset and Workflow Management Software. Staff will revise the language to clarify that it is only a one-year contract, not a three-year contract.
Future Legislation Agenda Items Discussed
- Ordinance establishing a Military and Veteran’s Commission. Council discussed the purpose and mission of the Commission. The Commission would likely meet quarterly and the scope was narrow, involving helping coordinate and find volunteers for the various veteran-related holidays and events.
Future Agenda Items
- Recognition of Dr. Boex - Summit Co. Board of Health.
- Recognition of Catholic School Week.
- Requirements on keeping Attorney-Client documents privileged.