HUDSON, OH (January 25, 2023) – Following is a summary of the Tuesday, January 24 City Council Special Meeting and Workshop. To watch the meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
Special Council Meeting
- Council entered executive session to interview applicants for Board of Zoning and Building Appeals.
- Individual expressed concerns about the partisan politics on Council since about 2019 and attacks on Council members, citizens and friends and family. Feels this must stop.
- Two citizens spoke in favor of the Hudson Community Living project.
- Individual thanked Beth Bigham for her service to the community.
- A person asked if the new Hudson Community Living project will have Applied Behavior Analysis therapy.
- Citizen expressed concerns of open meeting violations regarding censure motions without prior notice, concerns about waiving attorney-client privilege to the narrowest extent possible, and concerns about costs incurred for outside counsel to defend a lawsuit.
- Motion to approve a Settlement Agreement regarding an appeal request to the final decision of Planning Commission to approve the site plan and conditional use for Hudson Community Living, a proposed institutional residential use on South Oviatt St. Passed 5-0.
Correspondence and Council Comments
- From now on, the Mayor will open the Workshop meetings in accordance with procedures.
- Discussion of the Annual Road Tour. Because the City’s roads are in good condition and very highly rated, the tour will include other items, including developments, construction or water projects, sidewalk projects, and other infrastructure projects. The tour is educational, not a public meeting. Any Council discussion will occur in public at the subsequent Workshop meeting. The Tour will be scheduled for a Saturday in the spring.
Future Agenda Items
- Honorary Resolution for Leann Schumacher – Environmental Awareness Committee.
- Proclamation for Random Acts of Kindness Week.
- First session: to consider confidential information related to a specific business strategy of an applicant for economic development assistance.
- Second session: to conference with City’s legal counsel for the purpose of seeking and receiving legal advice concerning a dispute involving the City that is the subject of pending court action.