Following is a summary of the February 21, 2023, City Council Meeting. To watch the meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
- Council entered executive session to consider the employment of a public employee and to interview applicants for the Military and Veterans' Commission.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the 2/7/2023 and 2/14/2023 council meeting and workshop meeting were approved unanimously.
- Resolution to approve the application for placement of land in an agricultural district for Darlyne Roller, 696 Terex Road. No one made a public comment.
The following individuals spoke during the Comments section of the meeting. To view the comments, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
- Mr. Roy Marschke, 2539 Cedarwood Ct.
Correspondence and Council Comments
- The Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee met and discussed the survey questions. They plan to go forward with a statistically valid survey. They established two subcommittees: Promoters (to work with the communications department to get the word out) and Facilitators (to work on public meetings and forums).
- Board of Zoning and Building Appeals discussed a request for two variances by Hudson Community Living and a request for an accessory structure located in a side yard.
- Council thanked staff for the Owen Brown Project meeting and information that was provided to residents.
- At Planning Commission, David Nystrom was elected Vice Chair and Melissa Jones was appointed to the Subcommittee Design for Districts 6 & 8. At the meeting, a conditional use and site plan request for a parking lot expansion for Hudson Veterinary Hospital was discussed. A correction to the minutes was made, and PC members made a request that information be distributed to them earlier. Staff will work toward that goal.
- Applications for the PAAB are due Feb 27. Applications for the Military and Veterans’ Commission are due March 5. There are terms on the Economic Growth Board expiring in June of this year, and the Tax Incentive Review Council will have two terms expiring at the end of May.
Click on this link to view the Council Comments portion of the meeting. www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
Report of Manager
- Motion to appoint Scott Ruffer to the open Ward 4 Council seat to complete the partial term remaining. Motion passed 4-2.
Council passed the following Consent Agenda items. Passed 6-0.
- Motion to acknowledge receipt of the January 2023 Monthly Financial Report.
- Resolution to advertise for competitive bids and enter a contract for the SR 303 Water Transmission Line Replacement Project.
- Resolution to enter a professional services contract with Burgess & Niple for the design of the former Youth Development Center (YDC) Brownfield Demolition Project.
- Resolution to enter an agreement with Baker Vehicle Systems for the purchase of two zero-turn trim mowers for Park use.
- Resolution to enter a purchase agreement with Deere and Company for a contour mower for the Ellsworth Meadows Golf Club.
- Resolution to approve Then and Now Certificates for purchases made.
- Resolution to reimburse the First Congregational Church of Hudson for expenses associated with the repair of storm water infrastructure.
- Resolution to accept a Community Development Block Grant from Summit County to fund the installation of an awning and shelter with bench at City Hall to benefit seniors.
- Resolution to apply to Summit County ReWorks for a Community Recycling Assistance Grant.
- Resolution to enter a professional service contract with Local Network Solutions for the purchase and replacement of core switch equipment and services.
- Resolution amending the mission statement of the H.O.M.E. committee. Third reading. Passed 6-0.
- Resolution amending Resolution No. 22-108 amending the official City policy governing the exhibition of flags at City government facilities and city-owned properties. Third reading. Passed 6-0.
- Resolution to retroactively enter an agreement with Roderick Linton Belfance for special litigation counsel services in connection with Kowalski v. The City of Hudson litigation. First Reading. Motion was made to suspend the rules. Motion to suspend the rules was withdrawn.
- Resolution approving the application for placement of land in a current agricultural use district for Darlyne Roller, 696 Terex Road. First Reading.