UPDATE 9:50 AM, AUGUST 25, 2023:
- Hudson Public Power has restored power to all customers except a few isolated homes. We are working to get power those 20 or so homes.
- First Energy has notified us that they are working on their system to restore service. Residents can contact First Energy at 1-888-544-4877 for information regarding their power service from First Energy.
- Here are photos of some of last night's damage.
What a crazy night. Last nights storm's and tornado warning left Hudson with power outages, trees down, and some trees landing on houses. Crews have been out all night restoring power to Hudson Public Power customers and removing trees from roadways. A partial list of roads blocked by trees include:
- Aurora Street
- Oviatt Street north of Elm Street
- SR 91 by St. Mary's Church
- 1621 West Prospect Street
- Hudson Drive, south of City Hall
- Weston Drive
- Topaz Drive
- Hudson Drive west of the City salt dome
- Abbyshire Drive and Cheshire Road
- Norton Road at Stow Road
Hudson Public Power has restored power to many of its customers and is working to get everyone's power back on. First Energy is reporting outages throughout its customer base in Hudson. Hudson has crews out this morning removing trees and debris from roadways. Drive carefully and always treat a non-operating traffic signal as a four-way stop.