/ ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. BIDS for the furnishings of the necessary materials and construction of the S. MAIN STREET WIDENING PROJECT – RE-BID (Federal #E171463; PID 106445) FOR THE CITY OF HUDSON, OHIO will be received through the Bid Express website at https://www.bidexpress.com/ until 10:00 AM, LOCAL TIME, WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2022. The City of Hudson will open bids via tele-conference.
2. The proposed work consists of a road widening for the addition of a center two-way turn lane, resurfacing, 5-foot-wide bike lanes and sidewalks on both the east and west side of SR 91 from Barlow Road to Stoney Hill Drive in the City of Hudson, Ohio, in accordance with the specifications which are on file in the office of the City Engineer.
3. The City will only receive Bids through the Bid Express website at https://www.bidexpress.com. A fee of 40 will be incurred to bid electronically on a pay-per solicitation basis; alternatively, you may subscribe for $50 per month to have access to all solicitations and email notifications.
4. Bids must be accompanied by Bid security in the form of either a Bid Guaranty and Contract Bond for the full amount of the bid, or a certified check, cashier’s check, or letter of credit pursuant to Chapter 1305 of the ORC, in the amount of 10% of the bid, made payable to the City of Hudson.
5. All Local-Let Bidders are required to submit, before the time of the bid opening, their DBE Utilization Plan at https://odot.formstack.com/forms/dbe. Bids will be considered non-responsive if Contractor fails to submit the DBE Utilization Plan.
6. In the case of disruption of national communications or loss of services by Bid Express within two hours prior to the deadline for submission of bids, the City will delay the deadline for bid submissions to ensure the ability of potential bidders to submit bids. If this occurs, instructions will be communicated to potential bidders.
7. The City of Hudson, Ohio reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, and to waive any nonconformities not involving price, time, or changes in the work.
8. Disadvantaged Business (DBE) Requirement. DBE participation goals (Subcontracts, materials, supplies) have been set on this project for those certified as DBEs in accordance with the TEA-21 (1998) and 49 CFR, Part 26, and qualified to bid with ODOT under Chapter 5525 of the Ohio Revised Code (O.R.C.).” At the beginning following the project identification the DBE goal designation is written, i.e. DBE Goal: 8%. WAIVER PROCESS FOR DBE GOALS: See ODOT LPA Template, Page 19, Good Faith Effort (GFEs).
By Order of the Council of the City of Hudson, Ohio
Aparna Wheeler, Clerk
Published: HHT: Sunday, June 19 and June 26, 2022
Hudson Website: June 12 to July 6, 2022