ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. BIDS for the furnishing of the necessary materials and construction of the MIDDLETON ROAD / STOW ROAD SIGNAL IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE CITY OF HUDSON, OHIO will be received through the Bid Express website at https://www.bidexpress.com/ until 9:30 AM, LOCAL TIME, TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2022. The City of Hudson will open and publicly read the total bid amount for bids via video-teleconference.
2. The proposed work consists of the signalization of the intersection of Middleton Road and Stow Road. Signal features are to include infrastructure for future connection into City’s adaptive signal system, preemption, and connection to adjacent existing school zone flashers. Project includes the removal of an existing overhead flashing stop control assembly and stop signs in the City of Hudson, Ohio, in accordance with the specifications which are on file in the office of the City Engineer.
3. The City will only receive Bids through the Bid Express website at https://www.bidexpress.com. All bid forms, contract documents and plans are available through the Bid Express website. A fee of $40 will be incurred to bid electronically on a pay-per solicitation basis; alternatively, you may subscribe for $50 per month to have access to all solicitations and email notifications.
4. Bids must be accompanied by Bid security in the form of either a Bid Guaranty and Contract Bond for the full amount of the bid, or a certified check, cashier’s check, or letter of credit pursuant to Chapter 1305 of the ORC, in the amount of 10% of the bid, made payable to the City of Hudson.
5. In the case of disruption of national communications or loss of services by Bid Express within two hours prior to the deadline for submission of bids, the City will delay the deadline for bid submissions to ensure the ability of potential bidders to submit bids. If this occurs, instructions will be communicated to potential bidders.
6. The City of Hudson, Ohio reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, and to waive any nonconformities not involving price, time, or changes in the work.
By Order of the Council of the City of Hudson, Ohio
Aparna Wheeler, Clerk
Published: Hudson Website: June 19, 2022 to July 12, 2022
Hudson Hub Times: Sunday, June 26, 2022 and July 3, 2022